Washable diapers for children
Statistically, a baby is made to wear a diaper for the first 2 to 3 years of life, or even longer. This is why some parents do not hesitate to switch to cloth diapers for the economic side, especially when we know that they allow savings of more than 60% compared to disposable diapers. We invite you to take a quick look at washable diapers for babies and children.
Why choose washable diapers?
In France, mothers who choose cloth diapers do so for different reasons. Most of the time, it's because it's:
- Economical : In a first kit store, you can buy them in packs, or in lots, because they are much more profitable in terms of costs.
- Eco-friendly : It is worth remembering that a disposable diaper takes on average 500 years to degrade in nature. Choose layers washable TE2 in natural materials promotes better protection of the environment and reduces our ecological footprint on the planet with zero waste.
- Convenient: It's as easy to use as a panty. Another big advantage of using a washable diaper is that you can use the diaper on more than one child.
The different types of washable diapers:
There are a lot of terms for cloth diapers. On the market, you are spoiled for choice between all-in-one, all-in-two kit, pack or bundle models, pocket diapers, molded versions and flat versions.
Depending on the brand, you can find a multitude of sizes, but also types of closures…
The different sizes of diapers:
As with disposable diapers, washable diapers also come in different sizes, but the most common on the market are multi-size or one-size-fits-all .
The peculiarity of these diapers lies in the possibility of adjusting the size of the diaper significantly at the level of the waist and the circumference of the thigh.
This gives you the choice to make the size of the diaper larger or smaller depending on the size of the baby. These models are generally suitable for babies and children from 4.5 kg to 16 kg.
The different types of closures:
The cheap washable diapers are usually offered in two variants: those with Velcro closure systems and those with press studs.
The advantage of choosing velcro lies in its practicality, which is quite similar to that of a washable baby diaper. It is also faster to put on, because it is fixed by simple scratch. Its slight drawback is the length of the velcro which wears out faster than the snaps.
The different fibers
In the world of washable diapers, you can find yourself in front of different types of fibers. You have in particular the inserts in:
- Microfiber : this is the best if you are looking for a absorbent insert strong > for washable diapers with high absorption speed. Simple to maintain while promoting good protection against allergies, it is a delicate fabric that will be placed close to the body. It will be suitable for the baby's skin.
- Bamboo : just like hemp, the layer made from natural bamboo fiber is usually chosen for its antifungal and antibacterial properties. It also has the advantage of absorbing huge amounts of fluids, which is very convenient. These models of inserts favor more combinations of materials such as hemp-cotton, bamboo-cotton ...
- Cotton : the cotton inserts are recognizable by their apiary texture. For your baby, it is better to opt for organic cotton. While its absorption level remains average, it also tends to wear out faster than microfiber, hemp or bamboo.
- Microfleece : this type of insert retains moisture for longer. Easy to maintain, it is very f need to find it in the design of cloth diapers.
Caring for washable diapers for children
Rest assured, caring for a cloth diaper today is much easier today than it was 10 or 20 years ago. Especially favor the use of a hypoallergenic product to reduce allergy problems.
If you opt for a washable diaper with inserts fitted with velcro systems, take care to close the velcro well towards the inner part of the diaper before washing it, otherwise the velcro may stick everywhere .